While being a Christ-follower is not simply a matter of reciting a list of doctrinal beliefs, we recognize the value and importance in having a clear statement of beliefs. Below is a summary of the core doctrines to which we are committed as a church:
- There is but one eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing and everywhere-present Triune God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit— who is the creator and sustainer of all things (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; 1 Timothy 2:5).
- JESUS CHRIST.
- He is God incarnate, yet human. He lived a sinless life, died to make atonement for the sins of all mankind, was bodily resurrected and is now mediator at the right hand of the Father. He is assuredly coming in power and glory for His believing followers, and is the only Savior of men (John 1:1, 14; Titus 2:11-14).
- HOLY SPIRIT.
- He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, regenerating all who repent of their sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He sanctifies, empowers, teaches, guides and comforts the believers (John 16:7,8, 12-15).
- The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and thus authoritative in all matters it addresses (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- Salvation is the result of genuine repentance of sin and faith in the atoning work of Christ. It brings forgiveness to the penitent, makes him a partaker of the divine nature and gives peace with God. We call this new birth (Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
- We believe in the invisible and universal Church as an organism. It is composed of all believers in the Lord Jesus who have been vitally united by faith to Christ, its living Head and sovereign Lord (Matthew 16:18; Hebrews 12:22-24).
- We believe the Christian ordinances are two: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe they are outward rites appointed by Christ to be administered in each church, not as a means of salvation, but as a visible sign and seal of its reality (Acts 8:36; 1 Corinthians 11:24-34).
We believe there is power in the Gospel to change lives; that is why we preach it. At Redeemer, we are convinced that people’s lives are truly changed not from programs alone, but as they are helped to discover God’s desire for their lives. We feel it’s our job to lead you to the Scriptures in order to find this, and then to help you live accordingly.
Redeemer is a full member of the Missionary Church, an evangelical denomination with headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana. For more information about the Missionary Church, contact Redeemer or visit the denomination’s website http://www.mcusa.org/.